Become a Member
- Weekly RTDNA Update report on all relevant industry news
- Representation to the CRTC and government on policy changes
- Online Membership Directory
- National and regional conventions with strong educational and instructional components
- Prestigious national and regional awards program recognizing excellence in broadcast journalism
- Scholarships, internships and mentoring is available to those just starting out in the broadcast industry
- RTDNA Online Job Bank
- Representation on RTDNA International Board of Directors
- Opportunity to network with news directors, news managers, producers, internet journalists, educators, students and industry-related associates
- Annual Lifetime Achievement Awards honouring those who have served with excellence and distinction in broadcast journalism.
Persons in a managerial or supervisory position whose primary responsibility is the supervision of news operation at any licensed radio and/or television station, cable system, radio and/or television network, or any news agency which has been recognized by the Board of Directors of the Association, or any person actively engaged in the preparation of news for broadcast on radio or television, who is employed by a licensed radio or television station, cable system or news service approved by the Board of Directors of the Association, or persons engaged in other newsrelated activities as may be approved by the Board, shall be eligible for ACTIVE membership as may be approved by the Board. Included are titles such as (but not limited to) GM, President or VP/News, News Director, Assistant News Director, Program Director, Managing Editor, Executive Producer, Senior Producers and Assignment Editors, Bureau Chief, Reporter, Producer, Anchor, Correspondent, Photographer or Video Journalist, or Educator.
Any person who does not qualify for ACTIVE membership, but whose employment includes the provision of services to the broadcast news profession or who is employed in a public relations capacity, shall be eligible for an ASSOCIATE membership in the Association, as may be approved by the Board.
Accredited Universities or Colleges in Canada with Broadcast Journalism Programs shall be eligible for an Institutional Membership in the Association, as may be approved the Board.
Any person enrolled in a Post-Secondary Educational institution which has been recognized by the Board of Directors of the Association, shall be eligible for a STUDENT membership in the Association, as may be approved by the Board.
Any person who has retired from a career in broadcast journalism or a career associated with broadcast journalism, and who has been a member of RTDNA Canada for at least five (5) years, shall be eligible for a RETIRED membership in the Association, as may be approved by the Board.
The Board of Directors of the Association, by two-thirds majority vote, shall be empowered to grant LIFE membership in the Association. Such memberships shall not be subject to any membership fee. All recipients of the President’s Awards shall become LIFE members of the Association upon acceptance of the Award.
Become a Member Today
To join RTDNA online, using our secure server, please click here.